Business ethics is a hot topic in today's scandal-ridden corporate landscape and their importance has been played out very publicly for a number of national companies. For SJG, ethics is at our core in every aspect of our practice, whether you are our client or our candidate.
Our code of ethics, as member firm of the National Association of Executive Recruiters (NAER), comes from the belief that sound and ethical practice is good business. Confidence and respect are indispensable to success in an industry that embraces the many intangibles of service and involves complex relationships dependent upon good faith.
NAER and its member firms encourage fair competition among executive search consultants. We hold that search professionals should compete on merit and not by attempting to discredit or disparage a competitor, or that competitor's work, directly or by inference, or by circulating unwarranted claims about another search firm. Neither NAER nor any of its member firms shall engage in such activities that violate antitrust laws.
Business promotion and development shall be conducted forthrightly by NAER member firms with no misrepresentations (expressed or implied) which might mislead clients and/or candidates.
Communication between NAER member firms and their clients or the candidates they work with, shall be objective and accurate:
• Clients, positions, and candidates shall be represented honestly and factually;
• NAER member firms shall honor the confidentiality of proprietary information received from clients and candidates;
• NAER member firms shall conduct comprehensive reference checks of candidates prior to final selection by clients;
• NAER member firms have clear off-limits policies and as such do not solicit candidates from client companies;
• NAER member firms do not use sourcing techniques that involve pretext or falsehood;
• NAER member firms inform clients of potential limitations, due to other client relationships, that might affect the outcome of the search;
• NAER member firms do not accept payment for counseling or other assistance to individuals seeking employment;
• Potential conflicts of interest due to business relationships between a NAER member firm and a candidate shall be disclosed immediately to the client
SJG as a NAER member firm is committed to establishing policies and procedures that promote a strong corporate culture of ethical decision making and as such integrate ethics into goals, processes, strategies, performance management, leadership development, recruitment, and hiring.