Tips for Visiting Campus
August 24, 2012
Things to think about before going on an interview
Remember that you are interviewing the institution as much as they are interviewing you. It is important that you ask questions and assess carefully whether the position and institution that are right for you.
Some points to consider about the position/institution:
- What are the institutional expectations of immediate change?
- How will success be evaluated/measured?
- How would you define the culture of the institution?
- Is this position and institution a match for your personal experiences and professional beliefs?
Some personal points to consider:
- Benefit packages—including retirement plans
- Real estate/cost of living issues—is this community/region more or less expensive than your present area?
- Community school system
- Professional development support
- Opportunities for spouse/partner
- Relocation package/temporary housing
- Tuition remission policies
- Contract for service