Professional etiquette is important on the job as well as during the job search process. Here we round up some useful articles on practicing professional etiquette as a higher education professional.
- “Netiquette, Schmetiquette?” by Maria Shine Stewart
An insightful article on online behavior and etiquette among higher education professionals.
- “15 Vital Business Etiquette Rules,” by Royale Scuderi
15 time-tested business etiquette rules that everyone should follow.
- “Etiquette for a Successful Interview” by Ellen F. Houser
Some great tips for how candidates can thoughtfully prepare for a successful interview with a search committee.
- “Search Committee Etiquette” by Mikita Brottman
This article covers how search committee members can ensure a thoughtful and considerate search process for candidates.
- “Email Etiquette Do’s and Don’ts” from the Emily Post Institute
Key considerations from the queen of etiquette, on proper email manners and how to write a professional quality email.
- “What did I do now?” by Rob Jenkins
A wonderfully insightful piece on how to practice effective email etiquette, as a higher education professional.
- “Smart Use of Smartphones and Tablets” from the Emily Post Institute
Consider these 4 questions to ensure you’re being polite when using your smart device.
For regular higher ed #career tips and advice, follow us on Twitter @spelmanjohnson!