We are committed to supporting admissions/enrollment as a profession, we have a pipeline to identify talented leaders in enrollment, and we are engaged in the national conversation helping to define and promote best practices in the field.
• Sponsor and business partner, NACAC—National Association of College Admission Counselors, the premier professional association for admissions/enrollment professionals
• Sponsors and serves on the faculty for NACAC’s Leadership and Career Development Academy; a professional development institute for admissions and enrollment leaders
• Sponsor of NACAC’s Rising Star Award—a program that honors state and regional affiliates, new members, and programs that exemplify excellence and dedication to serving students in the transition from high school to college; SJG provides a conference registration for each award winner
• Attend the New England ACAC annual conference
• Affiliate member of the College Board and attend the College Board National Forum
• Serve on the faculty for the College Board Middle States Enrollment Leadership Academy
• Attend and serve as a presenter, NAGAP–National Association of Graduate Admissions Professionals annual conference
- Advancement Primer: Preparation, Positioning, and Priorities for the Experienced Admissions Professional, presenter, NAGAP annual conference, 2010
•Attend and present, the New England Transfer Conference
- Charting Your Career Path: Defining Leadership and Negotiating Advancement, annual conference
• Attend NASFAA—the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators annual conference
• Spelman Johnson has presented at the NASFAA regional association conferences including:
– Eastern Association of Financial Aid Administrators
– Massachusetts Association of Financial Aid Administrators
– Connecticut Association of Financial Aid Administrators
• Attend AACRAO– American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers the annual meeting
• Participate in AACRAO’s Strategic Enrollment Management institute
• Spelman Johnson search associate Kendra Dane most recently served as Assistant Dean and Director of Admissions at William Mitchell College of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota. Prior to moving to St. Paul, she served as Executive Director of Admissions and Marketing at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) as well as the Executive Director of Enrollment Services at SAIC. Kendra began her career in higher education at National-Louis University in Evanston, Illinois where she served as an Associate Vice President for Financial Aid for many years.
• Kendra has been active in the Illinois Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (ILASFAA) organization, held leadership positions in Midwest Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (MASFAA), and served in a volunteer capacity as a financial aid trainer with the U.S. Department of Education.