Founded in 1826, MICA is the oldest independent, continuously degree-granting college of art and design in the United States. MICA has become the leader in the education of artists and designers by fostering a community of talented, creative individuals committed to redefining the boundaries of art and design and to expanding their own vision and perspective through rigorous study. The innovative curriculum, well- equipped campus, and world-class faculty all have a single purpose: provide the education, experiences, and resources needed to prepare the artist and designers who will lead in the 21st century. Located in Baltimore, Maryland, the College enrolls nearly 2,500 undergraduate, graduate, and continuing studies students from 49 states and 65 countries in fine arts, design, electronic media, art education, liberal arts and professional studies, degree and non-credit programs.
Reporting to the Vice President for Admission and Financial Aid, the Associate Vice President for Undergraduate Admission and Enrollment Marketing will provide strategic leadership, vision, oversight, and coordination of the College’s undergraduate admission and enrollment marketing programs. The AVP is expected to lead the development of recruitment models, strategies, and policies necessary to meet the College’s annual undergraduate enrollment and retention goals. The AVP will be responsible for hiring, training and professionally developing a team of ten professionals and managing an operational budget of approximately $1.5 million. The AVP will also be expected to:
• develop and execute recruitment plans and strategies to meet undergraduate enrollment goals while overseeing all functions related to admissions management and staff training;
· work with the Vice President for Admission and Financial Aid, and in close collaboration with the Strategic Communications team, to develop, design and execute all marketing campaigns in support of new undergraduate student recruitment and enrollment; shape and implement a comprehensive communications strategy; develop content and write copy for use on a range of communication platforms including web, print, social media, email and advertising; contribute to the development and design of communications;
· work with key members of the undergraduate and graduate admission team and technology team to lead in the implementation of CRM technology to generate targeted, segmented communications across all facets of the undergraduate admission pipeline;
• collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement innovative and anticipatory recruitment strategies and admission policies to achieve desired enrollment goals;
• actively engage with the Office of Financial Aid in developing and implementing awarding policies and joint communication strategies to maximize enrollments;
• collect and analyze data for the purpose of making data-driven decisions, assessing recruitment and marketing efforts and adapting innovative strategies;
• maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with all academic and student support offices; and
• cultivate faculty relationships and involvement in enrollment and marketing initiatives.
A master’s degree or equivalent combination of academic preparation and experience in enrollment management as well as documented experience in a management position leading an enrollment program at a college or university are required. Additionally, the following skills will be expected:
· demonstrated track record of success in the field of enrollment marketing and recruitment;
· proven success in competitive marketing, positioning and messaging;
· knowledge of national and international trends and developments in recruitment and admissions for the purpose of modeling and strategic planning;
· proven commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; demonstrated ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives in a professional community that views diversity and collaboration as organizational strengths;
· excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills; strong collaborative orientation to project design and management; proven track record of managing successful teams;
· strong quantitative aptitude and experience with predictive modeling and financial aid leveraging;
· ability to take initiative, exercise sound judgment, and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment; and
· demonstrated experience with integrated student information systems and innovative technologies for recruitment and admissions.
Application and Nomination
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To apply for this position please click on the Apply button, complete the brief application process, and upload your resume and position-specific cover letter. Nominations for this position may be emailed to Kendra E. Dane at email@example.com. Campus finalists will be asked to provide a portfolio of work to include writing, design and marketing material samples. Applicants needing reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process should contact Spelman Johnson at 413-529-2895.
MICA– Associate Vice President for Undergraduate Admission and Enrollment Marketing
Kendra E. Dane, Search Associate
Visit the MICA website at www.mica.edu
Maryland Institute College of Art is committed to its policy of providing equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status (disabled, Vietnam-era or otherwise).