Drew University, a Phi Beta Kappa liberal arts university, was established in 1867 as a seminary, the antecedent of today’s Drew Theological School. It is located on a beautiful, wooded, 186-acre campus in Madison, New Jersey, a thriving small town 50 minutes by train from New York City. Dedicated to exceptional faculty mentorship, a commitment to connecting the campus with the community and a focus on experiential learning, Drew enrolls approximately 2,000 students from 24 states and 18 countries in its three schools: The College of Liberal Arts, the Theological School and the Caspersen School of Graduate Studies. In September of 2017, Drew University was featured for “access to highly-ranked programs, resources in New York City and all over the world, real-world opportunities with faculty mentors, and an involved alumni network.” in Colleges That Create Futures, The Princeton Review’s select guide to schools that deliver great outcomes.
Reporting to the Associate Controller, the Director of Student Accounts has overall responsibility for the operation of the Student Accounts Office, including primary responsibility for all billing, day to day cash management, federal loan disbursement and reconciliation, collection activities, campus card administration, and coordinating relationships with all student services and academic offices to ensure the highest level of customer service is provided. In addition, the following essential functions will be expected of the Director:
· creating, setting up and generating all student charges, producing all statements and e-billing to students and parents, and issuing of 1098-T tax documents;
· organizing, planning and prioritizing the work of the Business Office; development of specific plans and goals; evaluating staffing levels, and hiring, training and evaluating staff;
· maintaining the student accounts receivables and updating AR detail code as needed; receiving and processing all payments and creating processes to streamline the processing of payments; monitoring and reconciling payments daily; providing Banner reports as requested by internal constituents;
· calculating student refunds and maintaining compliance with Title IV federal and state regulations;
· collection on delinquent accounts; managing in-house collections and working with multiple collection agencies; representing Drew University in collection cases as necessary;
· management of daily cash flow reconciliation process, bank activity and journal entry; participate in year-end accounts receivable reconciliation process; manage student loan funds, both Federal Title IV and private loans; administer the campus card system;
· follow all procurement policies and work with Procurement on strategic or large purchases through the RFP process; and
· manage three full-time and one part-time staff member.
A bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) and significant documented progressive financial experience in a college or university setting, working in a bursar’s office in accounts receivable management with knowledge and understanding of federal cash management regulations, FERPA regulations, and generally accepted accounting principles and practices will be expected of the Director. Excellent collaboration and teamwork skills as well as the desire to create a student-centric, customer service oriented office will be expected of the Director.
Application and Nomination
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To apply for this position please click on the Apply button, complete the brief application process, and upload your resume and position-specific cover letter. Nominations for this position may be emailed to Kendra E. Dane at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants needing reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process should contact Spelman Johnson at 413-529-2895.
Drew University – Director of Student Accounts
Kendra E. Dane, Search Associate
Visit the Drew University website at www.drew.edu
To enrich education through diversity, Drew University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with Department of Homeland Security regulations, the successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States. This position is subject to a background check.